In Special Needs News

Government benefits to help a child with special needs maintain living arrangements is a state-by-state issue. Many states have programs that aim to keep people in their homes. In fact, Medicaid funds are supposed to be available to pay for beneficiaries to live in the community rather than being institutionalized. But how that works in each state is very different. We recommend that you consult with autism support organizations in your state to find out what programs and services might be available to achieve your goals for your children. 

National Program Resources  

Search online for local autism community services for more programs in your area. 

Getting State-Specific Answers 

You can always reach out to a special needs attorney in your area for advice and help with resources.

Harry S. Margolis practices elder law, estate, and special needs planning in Boston and Wellesley, Massachusetts. He is the founder of and answers consumer questions about estate planning issues here and at

Start typing and press Enter to search