In Special Needs News

While the law depends on the state, in all likelihood the answer is yes. The guardian is supposed to be making all medical decisions for the ward. In some states, such as Massachusetts, any treatment plan involving anti-psychotic medications also needs the approval of the probate court. 

Search for a special needs planning attorney in your area today for further guidance.

To learn more about guardianship, check out the following articles:

Harry S. Margolis practices elder law, estate, and special needs planning in Boston and Wellesley, Massachusetts. He is the founder of and answers consumer questions about estate planning issues here and at

Start typing and press Enter to search